After a driveway sleepover and a weekend trip to the New Forest I realised the sofa bed cushions I'd got weren't great and I needed to sort a proper bed out.
Having seen a layout online that I really liked which used an IKEA futon, a trip to the home of dimebar cake was in order. The futon was really comfy but I thought it might be a bit long, this would need some more thought. After measuring a few times, sitting in the cold and pondering, I found one of the futons on eBay and thought it was worth a try.
It needed to be raised to fit over the wheel arch so I took the legs off and made a wooden frame to attach it to. The wood all came from the Southampton Wood Recycling project, if I ever win the lottery, that's the type of place I'd like to spend my days.
It took hours to build, not helped by the spring mechanism clattering me a few times. A bit of help from Grandad and it was done!



No comments:
Post a Comment